Sunday, November 4, 2012

CrossFit Certification

CrossFit Certification

At the beginning of October I went to Rogue Fitness in Columbus, Ohio for a two day seminar in hopes of receiving my CrossFit Certification. It was a jammed packed seminar with with some of the best CrossFitter in the world. In those two days it felt like I did 7,001 squats, WOW! My legs are still sore. But I didn't dare wine in front of all these fit people. Here is a picture of me with Matt Chan. If any of you have ever watched the CrossFit Games you will know this guy. He came in second place and holds the title of the second fittest man if the world. Seriously, How is a girl suppose to concentrate with all these abs around? JEEZ.


What is CrossFit? This is the question I hear the most. CrossFit is a workout that gets you good at everything, such as Running, Weightlifting, and Gymnastics. There is WOD (Workout of the day) you have to preform. Do a WOD two to six tines a week and I promise you will be in the best shape of your life. Every WOD can be scaled down to your fitness level. As you CrossFit more, you will have to scale less. Soon you will be the envy of your friends and family. This is a picture taken in my Box (term for a CrossFit gym) of some of the girls planking. Yep, that's me on the bottom.

How will I know I'm getting fit? In CrossFit there are "Benchmark" WOD's and they are named after women. Most CrossFit boxes will have a whiteboard..below is a picture of our whiteboard. On this  board we keep track of the benchmark WOD's. They are repeated usually once a year so you can see your progress, like shaving off some time or lifting heavier weight. Last Friday we did Kelly. Let me tell you Kelly is a BITC*.



I always tell my clients that want to lose weight to log their food. Now I am going to tell you to log your workouts in a book. It will be proof of your success. You will see that carrying groceries into the house is easier, or picking up your toddler doesn't cause you to make funny grunting noises. It is important to measure your gains against real life activities. At my box, if you don't have a log book the trainer will make you do burpees. I make sure to have mine with me all the time. 


Yesterday I finally received word that I passed my CrossFit Certification Test!!! If I have your interest, Please contact me to try a free CrossFit WOD. Some of the benefits of CrossFit are:
1. Helps with everyday Functioning2. Helps to prevent injury3. Essential to slow muscle loss as we age4. Increases Bone Density5. Helps to lower Body Fat
It is my passion to make exercise a regular and enjoyable part of your life. I'd like to see all of you enjoy the healthy rewards of being fit. Contact me to get started on a program that is right for you.



Click here and Like our Facebook Page
Click Here to see my web page

Here is a small sample of a WOD taking place!

No comments:

Post a Comment