Friday, November 9, 2012

Globo Gym? No Thanks!

Globo Gym? No Thanks!

Yep...I confess, before CrossFit I was a Globo Gym Junkie. Leg days, tricep and chest day, back and bicep day. I loved it! My muscles where growing and I was better at running because of it.

Then I found CrossFit. I tried one 20 minute workout, and I barely made it for 10 minutes. It seemed to last forever...and I was a mess the next day. I finally met my match.

You cannot separate CrossFit workouts into upper body and lower body days. For example a power clean involves the whole body, as do all Crossfit Lifts such as Deadlifts, Jerks, Pull-ups and Rowing. CrossFit makes you mix up your body parts, just as life does. Hence the term functional movements. 20 minutes in a CrossFit gym will leave you gasping for air, like hours in a globo gym, never did. And I am still improving my running!

Sometimes, I think about taking 2 hours out of my busy day and doing one of my globo gym workouts, maybe chest and tricep followed by a 45 minute run on a treadmill. Then I remember how boring that was, and realize I'd rather shoot myself, LOL! CrossFit is a better way. It's my drug of choice.


Join me for a free CrossFit Workout!


No comments:

Post a Comment